Early Career Programme
Application call is now closed.
Joint CPEM and LNE Early Career Programme
The Executive Committee of CPEM and the Laboratoire national de métrologie et d’essais (LNE) are proud to sponsor an early career programme to provide financial assistance to young scientists of National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) and Designated Institutes (DIs) to attend CPEM 2018.
Early career programme grants will cover travel expenses such as airfare, accommodation and meals, up to a maximum of 1000 €, for approximately 10 participants, and conference registration fee will be prepaid for 5 participants. These two kinds of support may be combined. Grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need and the scientific quality of the applicant. Support for travel expenses will be paid in the form of a reimbursement of incurred costs, justified by original invoices, transport tickets, etc.
Young scientists conducting research within the scope of the CPEM series of conferences are invited to apply to this programme. Applicants must:
- be the first author of a paper accepted for an oral or poster presentation
- present the lecture or poster in person at the conference
- be less than 35 years of age at the time of the conference
- be nominated by their NMI or DI
Note: before submitting an application, the applicant must submit a 2-page summary paper through the online abstract submission process on the CPEM 2018 web site.
Applications must include:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words:
- stating whether the applicant is applying to the early career programme, the travel support programme, or both
- specifying the financial support requested
- and describing the motivation of the applicant to attend CPEM 2018.
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae including publications
- The nomination letter signed by the director of the NMI or DI
- A copy of the 2-page summary paper submitted by the applicant including the paper identification number assigned by the submission system
and must be submitted by email to: Sylvie.email@example.com
or by post to: Sylvie Leroy, CPEM 2018 – LNE – 1, rue Gaston Boissier – 75015 Paris
The application deadline is January 26th, 2018