Travel Support Programme
Application call is now closed.
PTB Travel Support Programme
Thanks to the funding of the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) is proud to sponsor a travel support programme to provide financial assistance to scientists of National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) and Designated Institutes (DIs), from countries in partnership with Germany, who typically are unable to attend the CPEM series of conferences due to limited travel resources.
Travel support programme grants will cover registration fees as well as transport and accommodation expenses. Up to ten grants will be awarded. Grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need and the scientific quality of the applicant. Support will be paid in the form of prepaid travel tickets and hotel reservations.
Scientists conducting research or measurement services within the scope of the CPEM 2018 are invited to apply to this program. Applicants must:
- be the first author of a paper accepted for an oral or poster presentation
- present the lecture or poster in person at the conference
- belong to an NMI or DI of one of the countries in partnership with Germany, see http://www.bmz.de/en/countries_regions/index.html
- be nominated by their NMI or DI
First-time and infrequent CPEM conference attendees are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: before submitting an application, the applicant must submit a 2-page summary paper through the online abstract submission process on the CPEM 2018 web site.
Applications must include:
- A letter of not more than 1,000 words:
- stating whether the applicant is applying to the early career programme, the travel support programme, or both
- specifying the financial support requested
- and describing the motivation of the applicant to attend CPEM 2018.
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae including publications
- The nomination letter signed by the director of the NMI or DI
- A copy of the 2-page summary paper submitted by the applicant including the paper identification number assigned by the submission system
and must be submitted by email to: Sylvie.firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to: Sylvie Leroy – CPEM 2018 – LNE – 1, rue Gaston Boissier, 75015 Paris
The application deadline is January 26th, 2018